Backström Group: Evolutionary genomics of natural populations
Get acquainted with our ongoing research.
Characterizing the genetic basis of traits of importance for local adaptation and species recognition is a major aim for evolutionary biologists of today. We use a combination of genetic mapping, population genetics and comparative genomics approaches to study the speciation process, the genetic basis of adaptive traits and patterns of genome evolution. We are primarily using natural populations of butterflies as study organisms.
- New paper out in Molecular Ecology. 2023-05-05
- Palahí et al. accepted for publication in Genome Research 2023-05-05
- Karin's chapter submitted and available as preprint 2023-03-29
- Kim and Leonie, Master students from Netherlands 2023-03-08
- Karin's PhD-chapter submitted to Molecular Ecology 2023-03-08
Want to join us?
People who might be interested in joining the lab can contact us at any time. We are always open to discuss potential projects that would be suitable for the lab profile.
Selected interesting publications from other labs that have been or will be discussed in the lab.