Backström Group: Evolutionary genomics of natural populations
Get acquainted with our ongoing research.
Characterizing the genetic basis of traits of importance for local adaptation and species recognition is a major aim for evolutionary biologists of today. We use a combination of genetic mapping, population genetics and comparative genomics approaches to study the speciation process and patterns of genome evolution, primarily using birds and butterflies as study organisms.
- 2 POSTDOC positions 2020-02-26
- WABI support from SciLife to the research group 2019-12-05
- FORMAS funding for studying migratory behavior in butterflies 2019-11-20
- Karin Näsvall interview in the Swedish radio about butterfly color pattern evolution 2019-11-19
- Funding from the Swedish Research Council (VR) 2019-10-31
Want to join us?
People who might be interested in joining the lab can contact me at any time. I am always open to discuss potential projects that would be suitable for the lab profile.
Selected interesting publications from other labs that have been or will be discussed in the lab.