Backström Group: Evolutionary genomics of natural populations
Get acquainted with our ongoing research.
Characterizing the genetic basis of traits of importance for local adaptation and species recognition is a major aim for evolutionary biologists of today. I use a combination of genetic mapping, population genetics and comparative genomics approaches to study the speciation process and patterns of genome evolution, primarily using birds and butterflies as study organisms.
- Determinants of genetic diversity in wood white butterflies. 2019-10-03
- New articles in Molecular Ecology and Genome Biology and Evolution 2019-08-12
- PhD-student Lars Höök is joining the group. 2019-04-12
- PhD-position in evolutionary genomics 2019-03-05
- Venkat Talla successfully defended PhD-thesis. 2018-10-19
Want to join us?
People who might be interested in joining the lab can contact me at any time. I am always open to discuss potential projects that would be suitable for the lab profile.
Selected interesting publications from other labs that have been or will be discussed in the lab.