The Department of Evolutionary Biology runs a graduate research program in Evolutionary Genetics and we are also responsible for undergraduate education in genetics, genomics and molecular evolution for students in biology, biotechnology and bioinformatics.
Who are we?
Find names, phone numbers and email-addresses.
- Imputed genomes and haplotype-based analyses of the Picts of early medieval Scotland reveal fine-scale relatedness between Iron Age, early medieval and the modern people of the UK. 2023
- QTL mapping of the narrow-branch "Pendula" phenotype in Norway spruce (Picea abies L. Karst.). 2023
- Migratory behaviour is positively associated with genetic diversity in butterflies. 2023
- Stage-specific transposon activity in the life cycle of the fairy-ring mushroom Marasmius oreades. 2022
- Whole-genome phylogeography of the blue-faced honeyeater (Entomyzon cyanotis) and discovery and characterization of a neo-Z chromosome. 2023
- On the origin and structure of haplotype blocks. 2023
- From high masked to high realized genetic load in inbred Scandinavian wolves. 2023
- Spatial cumulant models enable spatially informed treatment strategies and analysis of local interactions in cancer systems. 2023
- Tandem Repeat DNA Provides Many Cytological Markers for Hybrid Zone Analysis in Two Subspecies of the Grasshopper Chorthippus parallelus. 2023
- A Phylogenomic Assessment of Processes Underpinning Convergent Evolution in Open-Habitat Chats. 2023
News and discussions from scientists associated with the Evolutionary Biology Programme at Uppsala University