- Vasconcelos, P., Rueffler C., 2020, How Does Joint Evolution of Consumer Traits
Affect Resource Specialization? The American Naturalist 195: 331-348
- Martinossi-Allibert, M., Rueffler C., Arnquist G., Berger, D., 2019 The efficacy of good genes sexual selection under environmental change. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 286: 20182313
- Siljestam M., Östman Ö., 2017. The combined effects of temporal autocorrelation and the costs of plasticity on the evolution of plasticity. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 30: 1361-1371
- Geritz S.A.H., Metz J.A.J., and Rueffler C. 2016. Mutual invadability near evolutionarily singular strategies for multivariate traits, with special reference to the strongly convergence stable case. Journal of Mathematical Biology 72: 1081-1099.
- Svardal H., Rueffler C., and Hermisson J. (2015). A general condition for adaptive genetic polymorphism in temporally and spatially heterogeneous environments.
Theoretical Population Biology 99: 76-97
- Svardal H., Rueffler C., and Doebeli M. (2014)
. Organismal complexity and the potential for evolutionary diversification.
Evolution 68: 3248-3259
- Rueffler C., and Metz J.A.J. (2013).
Necessary and sufficient conditions for R0 to be a sum of contributions of fertility loops.
Journal of Mathematical Biology 66: 1099-1122
- Rueffler C., Metz J.A.J., and Van Dooren T.J.M. (2013).
What life cycle graphs can tell about the evolution of life histories
. Journal of Mathematical Biology 66: 225-279. Recommended by Faculty of 1000
- Rueffler C., Hermisson J., and Wagner, G.P. (2012).
Evolution of functional specialization and division of labor
. Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences of the U.S.A. 109: E326-E335 (open access)
- Svardal H., Rueffler C., and Hermisson J. (2011)
. Comparing environmental and genetic variance as adaptive response to fluctuating selection.
Evolution 65: 2492-2513
- Abrams P.A. and Rueffler C. (2009).
Coexistence and limiting similarity of consumer species competing for a linear array of resources. Ecology 90: 812-822.
- Abrams P.A., Rueffler C., and Dinnage R. (2008).
Competition-similarity relationships and the nonlinearity of competitive effects in consumer-resource systems. American Naturalist 172: 463-474
- Abrams P.A., Rueffler C., and Kim G. (2008).
Determinants of the strength of disruptive and/or divergent selection arising from resource competition. Evolution 62: 1571-1586
- Rueffler C., Van Dooren T.J.M., and Metz J.A.J. (2007).
The interplay between behavior and morphology in the evolutionary dynamics of resource specialization. American Naturalist 169: E34-E52
- Rueffler C., Egas M., and Metz J.A.J. (2006).
Evolutionary predictions should be based on individual-level traits.
American Naturalist 168: E148-E162 (open access)
- Rueffler C., Van Dooren T.J.M., Leimar O., and Abrams P.A. (2006). Disruptive selection and then what? Trends in Ecology and Evolution 21: 238-245. Recommended by Faculty of 1000
- Rueffler C., Van Dooren T.J.M., and Metz J.A.J. (2006).
The evolution of resource specialization through frequency-dependent and frequency-independent mechanisms.
American Naturalist 167: 81-93
- Rueffler C., Van Dooren T.J.M., and Metz J.A.J. (2004).
Adaptive walks on changing landscapes: Levins' approach extended.
Theoretical Population Biology 65: 165-178
- Thiel M., Zander A., Valdivia N., Baeza, J.A. and Rueffler C. (2003). Host fidelity of a symbiotic porcellanid crab: the importance of host characteristics. Journal of Zoology 261: 353-362
- Collin C.L., Pennings P.S., Rueffler C., Widmer A. and Shykoff J.A. (2002). Natural enemies and sex: how seed predators and pathogens contribute to sex-differential reproductive success in a gynodioecious plant. Oecologia 131: 94-102.
- Rueffler C. (2012). Migration and the origin of species. in Messer M., Schroeder R. and Wodak R. (eds.) Migrations: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. pp. 327-339. Springer Vienna.