- New project to analyse novel coronavirus in wastewater 2020-05-26
- CO2 emissions from dry inland waters globally underestimated 2020-05-06
- Meet our scientists at Scifest! 2020-03-04
- Novel method for reading complete genomes from limited amounts of biological material 2020-01-28
- A blog post about the proliferation of prinia species 2020-01-17
- Podcast with Anna Qvarnström 2019-12-20
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
Meet our scientists: She studies genetic conflicts
Research at the Department
The Department of Ecology and Genetics conducts research at the intersection between Ecology, Evolution and Genomics. The interaction between organisms is often studied in an evolutionary perspective. What is the role of these interactions for the striking evolutionary changes in e.g., morphology, physiology, and behaviour that we observe in nature? Genomics has gained an increasing role in these studies. New techniques have enabled studies not only of individual genes, but the whole genome in numerous individuals in almost any species.
Are you looking for an education in biology?
All bachelor's and master's biology educations and other biology courses at undergraduate level are coordinated all by the Biology Education Centre (IBG). At IBG, biologists are trained with diverse specializations such as cell biology, ecology, evolution, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, conservation, structural biology, systematics, toxicology, etc. Also engineers with specializing in biotechnology and bioinformatics, as well as teachers in biology and general science are educated at IBG.
The Department of Ecology and Genetics is part of the Evolutionary Biology Centre, a world-leading centre for research and education, which attracts researchers and students from all over the world. If you are interested to continue as a researcher, you can read more about our our research och our post graduate education.