- IEG scientists on list of the most cited and productive scientists in Sweden 2019-12-13
- Anna Qvarnström interviewed about a new forum for research infrastructure 2019-12-12
- New evolutionary insights into the early development of songbirds 2019-11-29
- A genetic tug-of-war between the sexes begets variation 2019-11-19
- Three PhD student positions and one post-doctoral position in biogeochemistry/microbial ecology 2019-10-25
- This year's von Hofsten lecture 2019-10-18
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
Meet our researchers: He has discovered seven new species of birds
Research at the Department
The Department of Ecology and Genetics conducts research at the intersection between Ecology, Evolution and Genomics. The interaction between organisms is often studied in an evolutionary perspective. What is the role of these interactions for the striking evolutionary changes in e.g., morphology, physiology, and behaviour that we observe in nature? Genomics has gained an increasing role in these studies. New techniques have enabled studies not only of individual genes, but the whole genome in numerous individuals in almost any species.
Are you looking for an education in biology?
All bachelor's and master's biology educations and other biology courses at undergraduate level are coordinated all by the Biology Education Centre (IBG). At IBG, biologists are trained with diverse specializations such as cell biology, ecology, evolution, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, conservation, structural biology, systematics, toxicology, etc. Also engineers with specializing in biotechnology and bioinformatics, as well as teachers in biology and general science are educated at IBG.
The Department of Ecology and Genetics is part of the Evolutionary Biology Centre, a world-leading centre for research and education, which attracts researchers and students from all over the world. If you are interested to continue as a researcher, you can read more about our our research och our post graduate education.