- Origin of Scandinavian wolves clarified 2019-03-29
- Lars Tranvik chosen to be Wallenberg Scholar 2019-03-25
- Meet IEG at Scifest! 2019-03-07
- Postdoctoral researcher position in Plant Eco-Evolutionary Dynamics 2019-02-05
- Decreasing snow cover causes increasing methane production in frozen lakes 2019-01-24
- Conference: "Unifying Concepts Pertaining to Organic Matter Reactivity Across Soil, Freshwater and Marine Systems" 2019-01-14
Meet our researchers: He has discovered seven new species of birds
Research at the Department
The Department of Ecology and Genetics conducts research at the intersection between Ecology, Evolution and Genomics. The interaction between organisms is often studied in an evolutionary perspective. What is the role of these interactions for the striking evolutionary changes in e.g., morphology, physiology, and behaviour that we observe in nature? Genomics has gained an increasing role in these studies. New techniques have enabled studies not only of individual genes, but the whole genome in numerous individuals in almost any species.
Are you looking for an education in biology?
All bachelor's and master's biology educations and other biology courses at undergraduate level are coordinated all by the Biology Education Centre (IBG). At IBG, biologists are trained with diverse specializations such as cell biology, ecology, evolution, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, conservation, structural biology, systematics, toxicology, etc. Also engineers with specializing in biotechnology and bioinformatics, as well as teachers in biology and general science are educated at IBG.
The Department of Ecology and Genetics is part of the Evolutionary Biology Centre, a world-leading centre for research and education, which attracts researchers and students from all over the world. If you are interested to continue as a researcher, you can read more about our our research och our post graduate education.