- Conference: "Unifying Concepts Pertaining to Organic Matter Reactivity Across Soil, Freshwater and Marine Systems" 2019-01-14
- EOS article highlight research on organic particles 2019-01-10
- Historical genomes reveal recent changes in genetic health of eastern gorillas 2019-01-07
- How many species of Brownish-flanked Bush Warbler are there? 2018-12-13
- Hundreds of babblers’ DNA analysed 2018-11-29
- Anna Qvarnström new vice dean of research 2018-09-20
Meet our researchers: She unearths diversity in the soil
Research at the Department
The Department of Ecology and Genetics conducts research at the intersection between Ecology, Evolution and Genomics. The interaction between organisms is often studied in an evolutionary perspective. What is the role of these interactions for the striking evolutionary changes in e.g., morphology, physiology, and behaviour that we observe in nature? Genomics has gained an increasing role in these studies. New techniques have enabled studies not only of individual genes, but the whole genome in numerous individuals in almost any species.
Are you looking for an education in biology?
All bachelor's and master's biology educations and other biology courses at undergraduate level are coordinated all by the Biology Education Centre (IBG). At IBG, biologists are trained with diverse specializations such as cell biology, ecology, evolution, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, conservation, structural biology, systematics, toxicology, etc. Also engineers with specializing in biotechnology and bioinformatics, as well as teachers in biology and general science are educated at IBG.
The Department of Ecology and Genetics is part of the Evolutionary Biology Centre, a world-leading centre for research and education, which attracts researchers and students from all over the world. If you are interested to continue as a researcher, you can read more about our our research och our post graduate education.